Watered-Down Text Meeting Pres Obama's New Message Limit

Please click here to see how you can participate in solving the problem of the permanent American under-class created and perpetuated by separate BUT UNEQUAL inner-city public schools.

As of January 21, it may no longer be possible to send the original e-mail contained in this section to President Obama. He has transformed http://www.change.gov/page/s/contact into a single window announcing that the transition is over and providing a button for the user to transfer to http://www.whitehouse.gov, which has been transformed with the departure of former President Bush.

Although the transformed http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ provides a new suggestion box, IT NOW CONTAINS A LIMITATION OF 500 CHARACTERS (INCLUDING SPACES!!!)!!! Neither his old Senatorial suggestion box nor his President-Elect transition suggestion box had contained any limitation.

The message in our e-mail of last Saturday for sending to President Obama with respect to Separate BUT UNEQUAL Public Schools is 1,633 characters (including spaces), and our e-mail following our November meeting for sending to President Obama to encourage him to embrace Al Gore's Challenge to America to re-power our electrical grid to be based solely on solar and wind was 1,251 characters (including spaces).

The following protest (containing 489 characters including spaces) was filed on President Obama's new web site at 11:05 pm MST on January 21:

Dear Mr. President:

Our Reading Liberally/Salt Lake organization would like TO PROTEST your new limitation of 500 characters for messages to you!

We frequently encourage all of our members to contact you (and to contact all of their friends in an unending chain to contact you) with regard to issues we are studying (please see http://www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org for further info).

We suggest a limit of 500 WORDS would be more reasonable.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

John K.

No auto-reply e-mail receipt (similar to the auto-reply e-mail receipts for the http://www.change.gov, an example of which is contained in the first item in this section of the bulletin board) has been received for the protest message even though it is only 489 characters long including spaces.

So we ran two tests.

(1) The original 1,561-character message was sent on January 22nd to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ by “cutting and pasting” the message into the “suggestion box” – it took all 1,561 characters but with no e-mail receipt, it is not certain the entire message (or indeed any part of it) went through.

(2) The original 1,561-character message was typed de novo (vs. “cutting and pasting”) into the http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ “suggestion box” – which kept a “running count” of the characters (including spaces) AND DISABLED THE KEYBOARD AFTER 500 CHARACTERS!!!

It is presumed that as soon as the White House staff discovers that “cutting and pasting” finesses their 500-character limitation (assuming the “cut and paste” test even went through on Jan 22nd), they will change their computer program to reject “cut and paste” messages exceeding the limit.

Accordingly, “solutions” has watered down our original e-mail message to President Obama (it is contained in the second item, time-wise, in this section) to comply with the 500 character limitation.
solutions
Site Admin

Watered-Down Text Meeting Pres Obama's New Message Limit

Post by solutions »

To: ReadingLiberallyEmailList@johnkarls.com
Cc:
Subject: Call to Action Re Separate BUT UNEQUAL Public Schools - Only 5 Minutes Needed to Answer the Call to Action
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009
Time: 0215 EST > 0341 EST
Attachments:

Dear Friends,

SECOND REQUEST – CALL TO ACTION - Separate BUT UNEQUAL Public Schools

Similarly to our Call to Action last November regarding Al Gore’s Challenge to America, I have bumped into about a dozen of you since last week’s e-mail and none of you to whom I spoke had taken any action.

Here is a sample of the responses to our Second Request re the November Call to Action –

(1) “I want to let you know that the guilt message worked. I sent the plea to Almost-President Obama, and am in the process of sending the requested message to my people on my email list. I can't put them all in a BCC form, as the Yahoo Mail won't send too many at once.”

(2) “Just letting you know I wrote a note to President-Elect Obama, as you requested/suggested. First, I thanked him for providing captions on his weekly addresses. I submitted my request for him to please implement Al Gore's Challenge to America, etc. It felt empowering just to be able to briefly write down some of these thoughts and send them to him and his team, whether anyone reads them or not. No other president has ever asked for my thoughts before, online or off. Thanks to you, John, for your perseverance with our group, and your admonishment to DO something!”

NEXT MEETING INFO

Editorial Note – So that this e-mail can be “cannibalized” to comply with the Second Request Call to Action in 5 minutes, information about our next meeting and our traditional Short Quiz relating to it follow next.

(Next meeting info and traditional Short Quiz omitted.)

OUR CALL TO ACTION RE “SEPARATE BUT UNEQUAL PUBLIC SCHOOLS”

We take pride in the fact that there are NO MORE THAN SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION between us and 100% of the American electorate.

And that, on important occasions, we can send to all of our friends and acquaintances an already-prepared e-mail (1) for them to send to America's decision maker(s) to influence governmental policy, and (2) for them to send to all of their friends and acquaintances to do the same in an unending chain.

At our meeting on January 14th, we decided that this was one of those occasions. That all of us should (1) contact President Barack Obama, and (2) contact all of our friends and acquaintances requesting them to do the same in an unending chain -

to urge President Obama (A) in the wake of the Supreme Court's 2007 reversal of Brown v. Board and return to separate AND UNEQUAL public schools, and (B) faced with the inconvenient truth that America has produced a permanent inner-city under-class despite identical-twin studies that consistently show that inner-city IQ's are equal to suburban IQ's, and (C) in recognition of the fact that SURROGATE PARENTS (a tutor, mentor, etc., who is able to bond with an inner-city student) is THE ONLY FACTOR CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A QUANTUM TRANSFORMATION OF INNER-CITY H.S. GRADUATION RATES from single digits to 65%-70%:

(1) to use a portion of his proposed economic-stimulus funds to replace some of the failing inner-city schools with federally financed and operated K-12 magnet schools that attract suburban students who, together with their families, will become SURROGATE FAMILIES for the inner-city students; and

(2) as such federal K-12 magnet schools prove their worth, to dedicate a portion of the $10 billion/month savings from winding up the war in Iraq to replacing all failing inner-city schools with such federal K-12 magnet schools.

ANSWERING THE CALL TO ACTION IN 5 MINUTES

Below is an already-prepared e-mail that you can use for this purpose.

All you have to do is -

(1) hit your e-mail forward button and erase from this e-mail which will now be forwarded including the existing subject, everything down through the line of asterisks following the second PS below, and then put the e-mail addresses of all your friends and acquaintances into the address section.

(2) send to President Barack Obama a copy of the already-prepared message following the instructions contained in the e-mail message you are forwarding to all your friends and acquaintances.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.

Your friend,

John K.

PS - To un-subscribe, please press "reply" and type "deletion requested."

PPS - To register for posting comments on our bulletin board (http://www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org), please press "reply" and type "registration requested" with a suggested user id and password.

Note - In forwarding this e-mail to all of your friends and acquaintances you should, after pressing your e-mail forward button, erase from this e-mail now being forwarded everything through the following line(s) of asterisks.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Friends,

Single-digit high school graduation rates and the overwhelming majority of households headed by single-adult druggies who turn over any receipts to the pusher so the kids have to steal just in order to eat were typical conditions for the first 180 I-Have-A-Dream Programs in 50 American cities as documented by John Karls, IHAD's volunteer national treasurer in the 1990's. He also documented that SURROGATE PARENTS (a tutor, mentor, etc., who is able to bond with the Dreamer) is THE ONLY FACTOR CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A QUANTUM TRANSFORMATION OF H.S. GRADUATION RATES from single digits to 65%-70%. (For further details, please see http://www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org.)

In the wake of the Supreme Court's 2007 reversal of Brown v. Board and return to separate AND UNEQUAL public schools, and faced with the inconvenient truth that America has produced a permanent inner-city under-class despite identical-twin studies that consistently show that inner-city IQ's are equal to suburban IQ's, it is respectfully recommended that President Obama -

(1) use a portion of his proposed economic-stimulus funds to replace some of the failing inner-city schools with federally financed and operated K-12 magnet schools that attract suburban students whose families will become SURROGATE FAMILIES for the inner-city students; and

(2) as such federal K-12 magnet schools prove their worth, dedicate a portion of the $10 billion/month savings from winding up the war in Iraq to replacing all failing inner-city schools with such federal K-12 magnet schools.

I have received an e-mail from a friend requesting that all Americans contact President Barack Obama to urge that he champion federal K-12 magnet schools.

If you agree with our proposal, please

(1) hit your e-mail forward button and put the e-mail addresses of all your friends and acquaintances into the address section so that, through no more than six degrees of separation to 100% of the American population, we reach everyone, and

(2) send to President Obama a copy of the following message at http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ (which will require (A) inputting your name and contact info), (B) selecting "Other" in the space for "General Area," and (C) typing or cutting-pasting the following message into the box provided (please note that there is a limit of 500 characters including spaces for your message).

Separate BUT UNEQUAL Public Schools

The first 180 I-Have-A-Dream Programs in 50 American cities found that only a SURROGATE PARENT can transform inner-city high-school-graduation rates from single digits to 65%-70%. (Please see the documentation by John Karls, the volunteer IHAD-National Treasurer in the 1990’s at http://www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org.)

Accordingly, I endorse the proposal posted on that web site following the organization’s Jan 14th meeting.

Return to “CALL TO ACTION - Separate BUT UNEQUAL Public Schools”