Re-Directing to Michelle Obama Our 6/3/2020 Plea to Provide Tutors and Mentors for America’s Inner-City Children

solutions
Site Admin

Re-Directing to Michelle Obama Our 6/3/2020 Plea to Provide Tutors and Mentors for America’s Inner-City Children

Post by solutions »

Was John Karls “Throwing In The Towel” On Providing A Decent Education (Tutors and Mentors as De Facto Surrogate Parents With A Guarantee Of College Tuition) – for the children of America’s Permanent 30% “Untouchable” Under-Caste???

---------------------------- Original Message -----------------------------
Subject: Were You “Throwing In The Towel” On Providing A Decent Education (Tutors and Mentors as De Facto Surrogate Parents With A Guarantee Of College Tuition) – for the children of America’s Permanent 30% “Untouchable” Under-Caste???
Date: Wed, January 10, 2024 3:47 pm PST
To: ReadingLiberally-SaltLake@johnkarls.com
Attachment:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear John,

I have just read your Suggested Discussion Outline that was posted on our website earlier today.

I can understand your frustration with, and dismissal of, Prof. Kronman.

But are You “Throwing In The Towel” On Providing A Decent Education (Tutors and Mentors as De Facto Surrogate Parents With A Guarantee Of College Tuition) – for the children of America’s Permanent 30% “Untouchable” Under-Caste???

Your friend,

Solutions

---------------------------- Original Message -----------------------------
Subject: Re-Directing to Michelle Obama Our 6/3/2020 Plea To President Trump and Candidate Biden to Provide A Decent Education (Tutors and Mentors as De Facto Surrogate Parents With A Guarantee Of College Tuition) – for the children of America’s Permanent 30% “Untouchable” Under-Caste
Date: Wed, January 10, 2024 10:13 pm MST
To: Solutions
Attachment:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Solutions,

Thank you for your query.

And, in effect, for slapping me in the face for being willing to give up!!!

Yes, it is easy to give up when confronted with such despicable human beings as Prof. Kronman.

They love to rail against “equality of outcome” vs. “equality of opportunity.”

While studiously ignoring the fact that THERE IS NO EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY!!!

And then to witness how hard the proponents of Affirmative Action fight for a cause that comprises “closing the barn door after the horse has escaped”!!!

Affirmative action in college admissions only deals with the SINGLE DIGITS of inner-city children who didn’t drop out before high school graduation.

I am weary of explaining that identical-twin studies show that inner-city children have the same intellectual potential as suburban children.

But that they see by age 5 that their only realistic career objectives are pusher/pimp or girl friend of a pusher/pimp graduating to whore – none of which requires a high school education.

The New York Times Continuously Shunning Educating Our Permanent 30% “Untouchable” Under-Caste

Yes, it is hard to hold high the banner of providing a decent education for our inner-city children when even the NY Times treats the issue with disdain!!!

Please recall our exchange of e-mails which you posted 6/3/2021 under the title “NY Times Again Shuns Educating The Permanent 30% Under-Caste” at viewtopic.php?f=643&t=2067&p=2825&hilit ... 43d8#p2825.

It chronicles, inter alia, how the NY Times Editorial Page Editor, James Bennet, personally contacted us for advice regarding his “The Keys to Unlocking Human Potential” project, but was fired for other reasons before pursing the project.

Whereupon, his successor, Kathleen Kingsbury, studiously ignored our 6/8/2020 letter to her on the imbroglio.

NB: my afore-mentioned response which you posted 6/3/2021 also documents many other occasions on which the NY Times shunned our attempts to raise the issue.

Our 6/3/2020 Plea To President Trump and Candidate Biden to Provide A Decent Education (Tutors and Mentors as De Facto Surrogate Parents With A Guarantee Of College Tuition) – for the children of America’s Permanent 30% “Untouchable” Under-Caste

Our 6/3/2020 Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-mail Campaigns to President Trump and to Candidate Biden was posted under the title “Addressing the Cause of Racism (vs. a Mere Symptom)” at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1925&sid=96852fdfb ... 8b8bc143d8.

Dennis Cecchini (an engineer and retired Exxon executive who BTW is a member of the same Saturday-morning men’s breakfast group at Baltusrol CC in NJ as George Kunath) spent more than half-an-hour questioning various aspects of the plea before giving it his approval.

[Yes, my proposals receive considerable expert scrutiny!!!]

HOWEVER, 6/3/2020 was too late for President Trump to shepherd such a proposal through Congress.

AND Candidate Biden has chosen NOT to do so during the first three years of his presidency.

Michelle Obama

I’m glad you, Solutions, shamed me into additional thought about how the goal could be achieved.

For more than a year, I have been telling the participants of the weekly Zoom Chat of members of my Harvard Law School Class of 1967 (several of whom are still "movers and shakers" in the national Democrat Party) that Michelle Obama is the obvious choice as the 2024 nominee of the Democrat Party for President instead of Joseph Biden.

For any number of reasons – starting with electability.

But could she be tempted to run???

It strikes me that she is an incredibly-decent human being who would easily empathize with the plight of inner-city children.

And helping them might strike her as a goal that is worth surrendering her current life style.

So let’s give it a shot!!!

And re-direct our 6/3/2020 Trump/Biden plea to Michelle Obama!!!

Excelsior!!!

And thank you again, Solutions, for picking me up!!!

Your friend,

John K.

PS --

Q&A-14 through Q&A-16 of the Second Short Quiz criticized Corporate America’s saturating the air waves with “seemingly since the race riots of 2020, omnipresent TV ads for ‘everything under the sun’ featuring people of color.”

After noting that America has done nothing for its gladiators (e.g., football players) compared to the Roman Empire other than to make the competition somewhat safer, Q&A-16 suggested that all of the TV ads featuring people of color probably do nothing more than cause inner-city children “to aspire to become gladiators so they can afford all of the goodies in the TV ads.”

Perhaps this was too harsh because the ads do show that Corporate America is waking up to the condition of our inner-city residents.

The reason for mentioning this???

The original “I Have A Dream”® Programs of the 1990’s that provided tutors and mentors who became de facto surrogate parents for an entire third grade of an inner-city school (or all third graders in a public housing project) through high school graduation with a guarantee of college tuition – typically obtained their volunteer tutors and mentors from churches and synagogues in their communities.

And our 6/3/2020 plea to President Trump and Candidate Biden opined vis-à-vis the recommendation of “magnet schools” that push the percentage of inner-city children to the maximum that will be tolerated by affluent parents, BUT ARE SO OUTSTANDING IN TERMS OF FACULTY, PROGRAMS, FACILITIES, ETC., ETC., that affluent parents will still want their children to attend --

that tutors/mentors could be obtained by requiring “that admission of an affluent student, AND THE AFFLUENT STUDENT’S CONTINUED ENROLLMENT, be conditioned on the affluent student and her/his family’s tutoring/mentoring a less-affluent student.”

And Corporate America???

It strikes me that their waking up to the problem as evidenced by their TV ads since 2020 can be even more effective – if they encourage their employees to become tutors/mentors.

BTW, Corporate America could sponsor “bring your Dreamer to work” days which would not only encourage employees to become tutors/mentors – but would “open the eyes” of the “Dreamers” to employment possibilities if they stay in school.

Return to “Discussion Outline – The Assault on American Excellence by Yale Law School Prof. & Former Long-Time Dean Anthony Kronman – Jan 17”