We Have Lost Our Minimum Quorum But Will Soldier On

This section contains, inter alia --

The Suggested Answers to the Short Quiz which are entitled --

“Why William Shirer, the author of “The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich,” would say that America is morally INFERIOR to Nazi Germany”!!!
johnkarls

We Have Lost Our Minimum Quorum But Will Soldier On

Post by johnkarls »

Last evening we lost our minimum quorum of six for the reasons explained in the following email.

The person who cancelled was described in Question 21 of The Short Quiz which had asked --

“And if our Reading Liberally - Salt Lake group is morally superior to Nazi Germany, then why was John Karls forced to importune a close friend from Michigan who has never participated in one of our meetings to agree to participate by Skype in our March 8th meeting WITH ONLY MINUTES TO SPARE BEFORE OUR CANCELLATION DEADLINE UNLESS WE HAD OUR MINIMUM QUORUM OF SIX RSVP’S???”

Our “minimum quorum” procedures require cancellation of any meeting for which there are not six positive RSVP’s at the end of the first week of the monthly cycle.

However, we recognize that someone might, for example, fall ill.

And we also recognize that America fought a Civil War over the issue of “involuntary servitude” so that we have no right to force participation by anyone who wants to cancel her/his RSVP.

[For the curious, “involuntary servitude” is the reason why professional sports teams are not able to obtain “specific performance” of a contract with an athlete who wants to stage a “sit out.”]

Nevertheless, Yours Truly always commits, once there have been six positive RSVP’s on the “photo date” of one week into the monthly cycle, that he will guarantee a discussion for anyone who has invested the time in reading the suggested materials even if it means only a one-on-one discussion.

[Thankfully, we have only had fewer than six attendees following a quorum on the “photo date” on 2-3 occasions in our 11.5-year history, and we have never had fewer than five.]

However, it should be noted that when illness or other reasons have forced us to meet with fewer than six attendees, the meeting is treated as “unofficial” which means, inter alia, that none of our Six-Degrees-Of-Separation E-mail Campaigns can be approved.

---------------------------- Original Message -----------------------------
Subject: Withdrawal From Participation
Date: Sun, February 5, 2017 8:07 pm MST
To: john@johnkarls.com
Attachment:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear John,

I am very sorry to have to inform you that I am withdrawing from participation in your meeting this coming Wednesday evening.

I know that this destroys your minimum quorum of six. So please accept the following reasons.

I have never met the Gurneys.

However, their website posting of last Saturday morning, as a Jew, gave me a “cold chill.”

So without telling you why, I e-mailed you to request any additional information you had about the posting, and you forwarded their e-mail to you which had an introductory paragraph which said:

“Dear John, Ted and I have watched “The Island” and read your seven materials. Unfortunately, only the last two items on your list made any sense to us. So we have found another movie and a bunch of other materials that helped us understand the state of the science and some of the ethical issues. I am posting the information below on the Reading Liberally site. Could you also include it in your next message to the folks who plan to attend the meeting on Wednesday? Thanks, Tucker”

So who are these people for whom nothing in the first five items posted on http://www.ReadingLiberally-SaltLake.org under the heading Original Proposal Reference Materials “made any sense”?

Those first five items which contained nothing that “made any sense” included:

(1) The text of the NIH’s 8/6/2016 proposed changes to their “2009 Human Stem-Cell Research Guidelines";

(2) The “2009 Human Stem-Cell Research Guidelines” which you had been kind enough to “mark up” in legal-negotiation fashion to show the original 2009 text with interspersed, the 8/6/2016 additions and deletions; and

(3) The extensive 1/26/2017 Washington Post article on the Salk Institute’s human-pig chimera experiment.

What kind of people are incapable of “making any sense” of a Washington Post article?

That was not intended as a rhetorical question!

They are the kind of people who willfully “turn a blind eye” to reality and attempt to persuade other people to do the same.

If you look at the four so-called “Gurney questions” presented in their bulletin-board posting of Saturday morning, they are aimed at hijacking the discussion from focusing on the attempt to create a class of clone and chimera “Untermenschen” who the public will not view as human.

So they focus on kidneys and attempt to “muddy the waters” by suggesting that there is not a real shortage of transplantable kidneys and even if there were, the shortage can be eliminated if we are more careful about taking care of our health and if we encourage everyone to become organ donors.

So why is this “turning a blind eye” to the looming problem?

First, their statistics about the demand for organ transplants are woefully understated because they are based on “waiting lists” for which current criteria exclude the old, the otherwise-sick, etc.

But more importantly, it “turns a blind eye” to the reason why “waiting lists” will grow exponentially if America establishes Nazi-style “death camps” for growing Human Chimeras to be butchered for their organs.

The “waiting lists” will grow exponentially because, as life expectancy balloons because of the transplants, anyone in middle/old age whose life is saved by a transplant is likely, in short order, to have other organs fail requiring infinitely more transplants and the butchering of infinitely more Human Chimeras.

Even this ignores the George Clooneys who, as self-proclaimed “citizens of the world,” will probably insist that America expand its Nazi-style “death camps” sufficiently to raise enough Human Chimeras to be butchered for their organs to satisfy the needs of all of the world’s 7 billion people.

In addition, there is the question of why the Gurneys attempted to get everyone to read the Scientific American article by saying in their posting that “it is easier to read (than your suggested materials) and has great diagrams.”

The answer seems obvious.

The Scientific American article appears to be a propaganda piece.

First, it was written by The Salk Institute which performed the Human-Pig Chimera experiment!

Second, “the great diagrams” cited by the Gurneys show pigs rather than anything that looks at all human!

Third, with regard to ethical standards, the Salk Institute makes an argument for self regulation (the last section of the article) by saying that the Salk Institute has “worked closely with ethicists and regulators in California and Spain for a year and a half to develop the guidelines that govern our research” (1) without disclosing the identity of these so-called ethicists and regulators, and (2) without disclosing any details about Salk’s “guidelines that govern our research” except to say that the Salk Institute tries to avoid any “unnecessary” pain for the Human Chimeras, and the Salk Institute “provides adequate living space and exercise, among other things” for the Human Chimeras!

What Chutzpah!

You are absolutely right to call attention to the fact that the new Guidelines of the U.S. Government’s National Institute of Health have no safeguards whatsoever with regard to the creation of a class of “Untermenschen” that have human or nearly-human brains but are not considered human so that they can be butchered for their organs.

If the Salk Institute is so proud of their self-regulation guidelines, why don’t they publish them so that the public can examine them and decide whether they are acceptable?

So please accept my apology.

A long lifetime of experience has convinced me that trying to reason with people like the Gurneys always does incredible damage to my digestive system and typically yields no results.

Your friend,

Name Redacted Per Request

PS –

The Gurneys substitute film of “Never Let Me Go” is very interesting!

Your suggested movie, “The Island” (2005), featured an estimated budget of $126 million per IMBd.com to finance the mandatory Hollywood “chase scenes” and Hollywood A-listers, Scarlett Johansson and Ewan McGregor.

So the British created their own low-budget fiasco, “Never Let Me Go” (2010), featuring an estimated budget per IMBd.com of only $15 million to cover Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield, with no “chase scenes” to distinguish it from PBS docu-dramas.

However, I found two interesting plot differences.

Scarlett and Ewan have to really work to discover that they are human clones created to be butchered for their human organs.

Carey and Andrew are simply informed as youngsters that they are human clones created to be butchered for their human organs, presumably in order to eliminate any need for drama that might cost production money.

Secondly, Scarlett and Ewan, in true American fashion, fight against their fate and (“spoiler alert”) in true American fashion, they prevail.

Carey and Andrew simply accept, in true British fashion, their fate as if they were British servants recognizing their position in life which, of course, is not subject to challenge.

I did wonder, however, whether the British-style acceptance of one’s “position in life” was the result of cultural differences by the producers of “Never Let Me Go” or whether it was their desire to minimize production costs.

A second significant plot difference?

The clones in “The Island” are “sponsored” by wealthy people who finance the cost of creating their own personal clones to guarantee an exact DNA match for the human organs for which they will be butchered.

In contrast, the clones in “Never Let Me Go” are truly a class of “Untermenschen” who have been created as a pool of donors. Clearly they are chosen for particular organ donations based on DNA matching the way organ donors are currently matched with recipients, so that the recipients will have to take drugs for the remainder of their lives to suppress their immune systems so that the transplanted organs will not be rejected.

The 2005 high-budget commercial flop followed by the 2010 low-budget commercial flop demonstrates that the American public insists on “closing its eyes” to what is happening.

Your difficulties in getting your group to focus on this topic, followed by your difficulties achieving a minimum quorum, followed by the attitude of two of your other four participants, demonstrate that your group is similar to America as a whole.

johnkarls

The Profile of “Name Redacted Per Request”

Post by johnkarls »

The e-mail contained in the foregoing posting was written by, according to Q-21 of the Short Quiz, “a close friend from Michigan.”

The e-mail itself identifies its author as Jewish.

Accordingly, there has been a lot of speculation that “Name Redacted Per Request” is either --

(1) Jerry Cook who was my roommate throughout law school, who was the Best Man at my wedding 12/23/1967, and who returned after law school graduation to become a senior partner in Detroit’s largest Jewish law firm, Honigman, Miller, Schwartz and Cohen; or

(2) Aaron Stander who was a high school classmate, who spent his career as an English professor, and who has become a successful “whodunit” author of mysteries near the National Music Camp at Interlochen MI where his parents had a vacation home when he was young and where he has been spending his retirement for the last decade or so.

Both of these friends have been mentioned several times in postings on this website.

Accordingly, the speculation didn’t seem fair to either of them.

So I asked “Name Redacted Per Request” whether he would authorize the disclosure of any additional personal identification.

He has authorized the release of the following information which he drafted and which he believes could fit quite a few individuals --

“John Karls and I have been close friends for many decades. We met at the Harvard Club of NYC and participated together over the decades in many of the club’s discussion groups. By profession, I was a Medical Research Professor at one of NYC’s great teaching hospitals. I am a graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Medical School. I had never been in Michigan until middle age when I spent a vacation there and, as an outdoor enthusiast, fell in love with it. As a result, I have spent my retirement in Michigan. I will not disclose how long I have been retired, because that would narrow considerably the number of people who fit this profile.”

Return to “Participant Comments – Killing Millions of Sesame Street Miss Piggy’s For The Human Organs – March 8”